What time do we arrive and where do we check in?
- ALL participants must arrive between 6:00 - 6:15 p.m. For safety reasons, later arrivals will not be accepted.
- If you are running late, please call 412-979-5607 and leave a message.
- Parking is in the main Zoo parking lot off of Butler Street. A security guard or Zoo instructor will meet your group by the front gates.
- PACK LIGHTLY! You will be carrying your belongings to Water’s Edge. If you have a small wagon or wheeled cart, you may bring that to carry your bags.
What should we bring?
- Pajamas, slippers or socks, a pillow and sleeping bag, toiletries, washcloth, change of clothing for the next day, camera, and a fashlight. You may bring an air mattress or foam pad if desired.
- Please leave your valuables at home, as the Zoo cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
Who will be with us for our program?
- There will be two Education Specialists conducting your program. One will leave at bedtime and one will remain with your group overnight.
- One Zookeeper will be conducting your behind-the-scenes tour.
- A Zoo Security Guard is on duty at all times.
What should we wear?
- Casual, comfortable clothing with weather appropriate outerwear, and suitable shoes for walking outdoors. We will be going outside regardless of the weather conditions.
- The temperature in the Water’s Edge usually runs cool. Dress appropriately, but be prepared either way.
What is expected of chaperones?
- Stay with the groups at all times and participate in scheduled activities.
- Alcoholic beverages and the use of tobacco products are prohibited on Zoo grounds.
Is there food available?
- Please be sure that you eat a full dinner before arriving at the Zoo.
- Pizza, snacks, and soda will be provided at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Breakfast will include cereal, breakfast or cereal bars, milk, juice, coffee, and tea.
- You may bring additional snacks if desired, but please no baked goods with icing or drinks.
Where will we be sleeping?
- In Water’s Edge on a commercially carpeted foor. For your safety, the doors to the building will be locked overnight.
When will the program end?
- Between 8:45 - 9:00 a.m.
- If you choose to stay and visit the Zoo, you will be asked to return your belongings to your car at the end of the program first.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 412-365-2528