Eat n Park Family Week
(Pittsburgh) (July 2011)—The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is serving up eight days of zoo-rific fun during Eat n Park Family Week beginning Saturday, July 2 through Sunday, July 10. Experience cool activities, see the animals receive special treats and talk with the keeper of your favorite animal to find out what’s new. Each day’s activities are scheduled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 2: Kids’ Kingdom Day. Be a kid for a day with fun activities and special animal feedings. Be sure to catch the sea lion show and watch the new baby sea lion explore her surroundings! Get all sandy at the beach party.
- Sunday, July 3: Shark Day. If you think you are a fast eater, wait until you see the sand tiger sharks glup down their food! Talk with scuba divers as they interact with the sharks in the tank.
- Monday, July 4: Bear Day. What do you and a black bear have in common? Hopefully not the same campsite! Before you head out into the wild, find out ways to keep your campsite safe from bears! We’ll set up a campsite in the bear den and show you why bears love when you camp in their backyard!
- Tuesday, July 5: Monkey Around Day. Hang around with our primates at the Tropical Forest and see the orangutans enjoy a day at the beach. Meet the keeper and find out what your favorite primate likes to eat.
- Wednesday, July 6: Gorilla Day. We are bananas over our Western lowland gorilla troop. Compare your hand to a gorilla’s and watch the gorillas react to a special treat.
- Thursday and Friday, July 7 and 8: Meet your New Best Friend. Are you a cat person or a dog person? It will be hard to decide when you see the display of adorable animals available from local shelters. And while you’re here, be sure to check out our cubs and pups!
- Saturday, July 9: PPG Aquarium Day. Did you know an octopus is easily stressed or that sea horses can change color to blend into their environment. Find out more exciting information about the wonderful animals of the sea!
- Sunday, July 10: Polar Bear Day. Brrr! There is a chill in the air as the polar bears receive some really cool treats! Meet the keepers who care for the bears, see Team Smiley, and enjoy face painting, beary cool crafts and tattoos! Be sure to get your Smiley cookie after 4 p.m.