At Work and School
Some of the ideas you use at home can be applied on a larger scale. Take your commitment to conservation to school or work with you.
- Do an energy audit at your office or school
- Green your building by planting trees, installing a green roof, and minimizing the use of paper, water, and energy. Encourage your co-workers by posting signs in the kitchen or on the bulletin board.
- Start a green team to come up with ideas and suggestions to green-up the school or office.
- Recycle everything and use recycled paper and products whenever you can. If your company won’t do it, do it yourself; ask your co-workers to buy paper and plastic recycle bins and then collect them at the end of the week.
- Install a programmable thermostat that will turn the heat off while you are away from school or the office.