- Plant a garden. Enjoy the freshest kind of organic vegetables—the kind you grow yourself.
- Use compost on your lawn, plants, and garden instead of commercial fertilizers.
- Collect water off of your roof in a rain barrel—then water your lawn guilt-free.
- Install drip hoses or low flow sprinkler heads to water your garden and plants.
- Plant trees – they thrive on CO2 and produce oxygen.
- Switch to a gas-free lawnmower.
- Instead of using wood, build your deck out of recycled plastic composite that lasts longer and is maintenance free. You won’t have to paint your new deck—now or ever!
- Use a rake rather than a leaf blower to gather leaves.
Back to Conservation home.