Position Title: Lead Admissions Coordinator
Position Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides daily supervision of all cashiers and gate bankers, and assigns their daily tasks and window positions.
- Responsible for collecting, distributing, balancing, depositing, and securing all legal tender from the admission gates, carousel booth, and other sales locations.
- Depending on cash flow/attendance, multiple cash pickups must be coordinated throughout the day with security.
- Distributes and reconciles petty cash.
- Deposits all miscellaneous receipts, including Altru deposits.
- Keeps cash room safe in balance.
- Semimonthly collects & deposits donations from the funnel and pond into the appropriate accounts.
- Maintains efficient functionality and programming of the Altru system for cashiers.
- Maintains and troubleshoots admission gates and carousel booth equipment.
- Works with Membership Manager on all membership policies and efforts to increase sales.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training all cashiers.
- Performs other Finance Department related duties as required
- Helps in other departments when called upon.
- High school diploma or equivalent with three to five years of experience is required, along with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills, and be well versed in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel, and Word, and Outlook.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, copier, calculator, etc. is necessary.
- Position is a combination of sitting in an office setting and walking/traveling to sales locations to manage cash and staff.
- Position may require work outdoors, under various weather conditions.
- The ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays is required, with occasional longer hours during the busy season.
Submit resume online below or send to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org