Position Title: Admissions Supervisor
Department: Visitor Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Proof of Vaccination Status is required for employment.
This position manages all aspects of the admission process, admission gates ticketing systems, and added value experiences.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Manages general admission processes, admission plaza and group admissions
- Manages added value experiences (eg. Carousel ride, Wild Encounters, Zipline, etc.)
- Assists Visitor Services Manager with yearly staffing, activity and budget forecast
- Schedules and meets daily with cashiers from admission gates and added value experiences
- Interviews, hires, trains and disciplines all cashiers and added value experiences staff
- Edits timecards, processes and approves
- Operates computer/cash register, processes cash and credit card transactions
- Greets visitors and provides general information
- Handles and resolves visitor complaints and refunds, if necessary
- Trains and schedules cashiers and oversees all other cashier functions
- Performs cash handling of start-up and finish, computes cash totals and closes gates at the end of the day
- Monitors admissions area to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately
- Manages admission gates supplies and communicates effectively when new items are needed
Provides support guidance to staff members as needed on daily basis in current assigned areas: Admissions and added value experiences. The Admissions Supervisor will be responsible for the majority of the administrative tasks, customer service, and attraction safety related to daily operations of the admission gates and added value experiences. Knowledge in seasonal tourism business cycle to create staff schedules within budget.
Leads Admissions and added value experiences staff in delivering internal and external customer service with excellence and providing direction that represents the organization’s standards of employee conduct and presence.
Maintains customer satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing added value experiences and service offerings initiating improvements, and building relationships with the entire Zoo staff and patrons.
Maintains and monitors cash handling procedures. Works within established financial control put in place by the Accounting Manager. Assists in recruiting, orientating, training, coaching, and communicating job expectations of staff by appraising and reviewing job contributions while enforcing policies and procedures.
Responsible for supervising the admissions team and managing all admissions aspects of the Altru ticketing system. Responsible for overseeing the functionality, safety and aesthetics of the main admissions area. Responsible for modeling and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and customer service at all times.
- Assist with other Visitor Services tasks when needed
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
BA in business management, tourism, hospitality or equivalent tourism attraction experiences a plus. Two years of experience supervising a team of cashiers at a zoo or other attraction. Good administrative and computer skills, e.g. POS, MS Office. Exceptional customer service and communications skills and experience. Ability to operate a computerized cash register. Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures. Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills and active listening. Customer-oriented and mindful of guest experiences. Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc. Potential for extended periods of standing and walking. Position works indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Submit Resume and pay rate Requirements To: