CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Position Status: Full-time
This position is responsible for the oversight and management of the finance department.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees preparation of the financial statements and reports
- Manages property, auto, risk management and workers compensation insurance.
- Manages all banking relationships, including investment management and negotiating all debt financing.
- Prepares and submits quarterly bank covenant compliance calculations.
- Monitors cash flow and oversees cash management.
- Coordinates the Zoo’s annual financial statement audit, retirement plan audit and tax returns,
- Creates and enhances internal control systems to support audit,
- Negotiates contract services for cost savings, asset management, account analysis and reconciliation.
- Serves as a liaison for all communications with the Allegheny Regional Asset District, including the Zoo’s annual request for operating and capital support, close out reports and annual RAD report.
- Works with the President and CEO and senior staff to prepare the annual operating and capital budgets for the Zoo.
- Meets with the Zoo’s Finance and Audit Committee and provides regular financial updates, including the annual budget presentation.
- Meets with the Zoo’s 403(b) Plan providers to review investment performance and plan structure.
- Handles departmental personnel issues and writes annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
BS degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field or equivalent experience; five to ten years non-profit experience is preferred; CPA certification preferred. Must have knowledge of accounting practices and principals, computer skills (Microsoft Office, Accounting Software), analytic and interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc., position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting and must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15206