Digital Graphic Designer
Position Title: Digital Graphic Designer
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Services Manager and Director
Position Status: Salaried full-time, Exempt
Provides graphic and digital design services Zoo-wide.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, stay within budget, and follow all direction from supervisors, senior staff and clients.
- Creates and produces video to support the company’s marketing and educational strategies.
- Fulfills and archives all Zoo video footage requests.
- Fulfills design requests from all departments of the Zoo, including print materials, exhibit interpretives and interactive opportunities.
- Fabricates signs using in-house equipment and tools (large format printer, laminator, vinyl cutter, mount & paint).
- Develops visual design and format for digital projects (e.g., website, electronic ads, electronic media, and email campaigns).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.;
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in graphic design (4) year college or university or equivalent with 1-2 years’ experience in the field.
Demonstrate a strong Artistic ability and high level of creativity.
Highly proficient with design software programs such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects and WordPress.
Word, PowerPoint, Keynote and Excel experience is helpful.
Ability to effectively present ideas both verbally & visually in group settings.
Ability to solve problems and multi-task.
Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc. is required.
Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting, but occasionally requires working outdoors in various weather conditions.
Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Submit resume, cover letter, Salary requirements, and Portfolio to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email HR@pittsburghzoo.org