Group Sales & Rentals Coordinator
Position Title: Group Sales & Rentals Coordinator
Department: Marketing & Communications
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
This position provides assistance to the Group Sales & Rentals Manager in all areas, including private rental events, reception management, all group corporate and individual group sales, and various other sales programs.
- Provides excellent customer service to all group sales clients through all steps of the process.
- Runs reports (from the Zoo’s internal computer program) of the schedule of Zoo events and distribute to all Zoo departments weekly.
- Assists with familiarization tours conducted by local convention and visitors bureaus.
- Attend bridal shows, highlighting the event opportunities and vision of a Zoo experience.
- Update imagery and data for events on the Zoo’s website, and various other planning websites and apps.
- Collect positive client reviews with the goal of recognition and support on various web applications.
- Stay abreast of wedding industry and corporate function trends.
- Work with customers to meet their needs, make suggestions, and ensure that expectations are always exceeded.
- Helps with ZooMobile appearances and other Marketing special events (10 times per year approx.).
- Handle small animals for special events, rentals and marketing appearances.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Works during rentals to admit/greet groups entering the Zoo, prepare and test sound equipment, help post signage throughout the Zoo, meet entertainment and others to help unload, assist Grounds and Catering with setup as described by Group Sales and Rentals Coordinator.
- Help with locking up buildings and break down of rentals.
- Determines expenditures and identifies income generating opportunities for department.
- Engage in creative promotional and sales opportunities within wedding industry including pop-up, micro, and off-season receptions.
- Regularly update all online and social wedding publications.
- Works with Creative Services to create, update, and design effective group sales and rental literature.
- Recruits tour and receptive operators and group leaders by attending networking meetings, scheduling personal meetings/sales calls, attending conventions.
- Provide outstanding service to rental clients. Including initial sales meeting and presentation, assisting with agendas, and coordination throughout the process.
- Assists group tour and receptive operators with travel plans/itineraries in the Pittsburgh Region that will maximize their trip and include a comfortable visit to the Zoo.
- Completes event contracts, follow-up with clients, and designs event layouts; creates floor plans and memos.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can.
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position involves working in the park with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position occasionally assists with setting up of chairs and tables.
Submit resume to:
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium