Position Title: Lead Attendant
Department: Kids Kingdom
This position assists the curator with the day to day operations and maintenance of the children’s zoo and oversight of all seasonal attendants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Writes and updates protocol and attendant manuals;
- Assists in hiring and training new employees;
- Compiles and updates employee information files
- Schedules and supervises seasonal attendants when required
- Gives breaks to attendants;
- Experience with animal handling.
- Assists with lost visitor searches.
- Obtains bids from vendors for equipment and supplies;
- Orders supplies and materials; maintaining files on purchased items;
- Inspects rides and areas for safety items on a daily basis;
- Completes and turn in a safety checklist daily to Curator;
- Submits and follows up on work orders to appropriate departments for repairs;
- Performs spot cleaning of graphics, public restrooms, Discovery Pavilion glass and carpet, log ride and ponds;
- Performs snow removal as needed;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
Position requires a high school education or equivalent and one to three years supervisory experience, a bachelor’s degree is preferred, along with proficiency in Microsoft software.
Position works in an office setting, but is primarily located outdoors, especially in the peak season. Position is physical and requires the ability to walk, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs. This list is not inclusive. Position required to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Submit Resume and pay rate Requirements To: