private events & group sales ASSISTANT
Position Title: Private Events & Group Sales Assistant
Position Status: Seasonal Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
This position provides assistance to the Private Events & Group Sales Manager and Coordinator.
essential job functions:
- Works during rentals to admit/greet groups entering the Zoo, prepare and test sound equipment, help post signage throughout the Zoo, meet entertainment and others to help unload, assist Grounds, Maintenance, and Catering with setup as described by Private Events & Group Sales staff.
- Helps with locking buildings and breakdown of rentals.
- Provides outstanding service to clients, including meetings and presentations, assisting with agendas, and coordination throughout the process.
- Familiarizes vendors with Zoo property, including event staff, groups, or business associates like VisitPittsburgh.
- Assists in developing mailing list/database and folding, stuffing and labeling mailings.
- Meets criteria in event contracts, follows up with clients and assists with event layouts.
- Assists with marketing department events as needed.
- Answers the group sales hotline.
- Updates pavilion signage.
- Handles small animals for special events, rentals and marketing appearances.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position often requires sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position may involve working in the park with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position occasionally assists with setting up of chairs and tables.
Submit resume to:
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium