Position Title: Development Coordinator
You will provide critical support to our development team, particularly the Vice President of Development. Your administrative skills and team service approach will help the fundraising team conduct their jobs more efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Vice President of Development and gift officers.
- Answer general development-related phone calls and take messages as necessary.
- Draft emails and letters on behalf of others on the team.
- Proofread communications prior to publication and/or delivery.
- Coordinate logistics of special events such as invitations, venue preparation, check-in, etc.
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering, meeting materials, and room arrangements when necessary.
- Administer the Adopt an Animal program.
- Research, collect, and curate information on donors from a variety of sources including the internet, social media, donor databases, etc.
- Call or write notes to donors to thank them for their support.
- Adapt and/or prepare existing proposals, letters, or presentations to the needs of donors and/or gift officers.
- Research and sometimes purchase gifts, supplies, venue options, etc.
- Deliver gifts or packages and run errands as needed.
- Satisfactorily support gift officers in developing and maintaining procedures for collecting and analyzing strategic donor information.
- Complete assigned projects successfully and on time.
- Donor inquiries via phone, email, or social media are answered or forwarded to the appropriate person within 8 business hours
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Associate’s Degree
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of success supporting fundraising teams
Not a remote position—live in Pittsburgh area
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Position may require occasional driving to off-site locations to meet with or provide training to staff.
Submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Pittsburgh Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.