Apply online below or submit resumé and salary requirements to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Hours are available 7 days a week with a strong emphasis on weekends. Working holiday weekends over the course of the season are required. In the admissions gates you will be the FIRST person our guests see and the LAST view they have before they leave. We strive to give our guests an incredible experience here.
Job duties include:
- Performs cashier duties at main entrance plaza and other zoo areas as necessary.
- Responsibilities include greeting visitors, operating cash register, processing cash and credit card transactions, staffing the membership booth, greeting members, verifying identification, providing written and verbal information about membership to visitors, selling new memberships, and renewing existing memberships.
- Responsible for carousel-ticket sales, cash handling, and loading and unloading children to ensure adherence to safety procedures.
- Staffs ticket cart and sell tickets in Children’s Zoo area.
- Monitors assigned areas to ensure cleanliness and safety.
- Provides general zoo information to visitors, including locations of various exhibits, restrooms, concessions and gift shops, etc.
- Notifies supervisor of any potential safety or visitor concerns as necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.