Position Title: Development Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time, Hourly, Non-exempt
- Provide support to the Membership Services Manager:
- Assist with all membership mailings, including those distributed through mail houses.
- Prepare membership communications in an electronic form the Zoo website, and for communication to the membership constituency via newsletter and / electronic outreach.
- Assist with all website transactions related to membership, including membership renewals, new memberships, and changes to memberships. Assist with the transfer of member information from the website to the Development database when necessary.
- Generate and mail membership cards, renewal letters, and other communications with members, including membership benefit fulfillment. Manage inventory of membership cards and envelopes, renewal forms and envelopes, and temporary membership forms.
- Answer Membership inquiries, and resolve complaints on-site, via mail, email and phone.
- Assist in the creation and edit of cover letters and proposals for individual donor prospects.
- Database and Records Management:
- Manage, organize and maintain all confidential donor digital and paper records
- Create and maintain custom reports
- Ensure the integrity of data inputted into the Altru point-of-sale / donor management system
- Quickly and accurately respond to requests for data sets, lists, etc. as requested by the development team and other departments
- Foundation & Grants Support:
- Assist the grants administrator with researching, writing, editing, and packaging applications and reports to a variety of funders
- Coordinate mailings, data management, and research for the EITC program.
- Special Events:
- Assist with logistics for a variety of fundraising and donor events including: Zoo Gala, Summer Safari, Grow Wild Society, etc.
- Assist with planning and execution of corporate volunteer projects
- Assist with preparation and mailing of sponsor solicitation and acknowledgement documents
- Coordinate and confirm delivery of sponsorship benefits
- Donor Stewardship:
- Provide accurate gift recording in compliance with all generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate and confirm delivery of donor recognition benefits
- Organize and execute behind-the-scenes tours
- Update prospect lists with information regarding each strategy and outcome of cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Provide information, copy and editing for publications including: invitations, signage, emails, website, Zoo Insider, etc.
- Assist with the administration of donor stewardship programs including named opportunities / acknowledgments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills, comfort in an external-facing role working with executive-level donors / stakeholders, and consistently ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic and professional
- Experience managing timelines
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in and knowledge of Capital Campaigns and/or fundraising development
- Project management experience
- Experience working with confidential donor data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Flexibility in work hours, including weekends and evenings
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting. Special events may require work outdoors in the park.
Submit resume to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org