Group Sales & Rentals Assistant
Position Title: Group Sales & Rentals Assistant
Position Status: Part-time, non-benefitted
• Works during daytime and evening rentals to admit/greet groups entering the Zoo
• Supervises operations of rental events and oversees Zoo functions
• Provides input on the improvement of rental programs
• Helps post rentals and group sales signage throughout the Zoo
• Meets entertainment and others to help unload
• Assists grounds and catering with setup as described by Group Sales and Rentals team
• Helps with locking up buildings and break down of rentals
• Meet with potential clients, conduct facility tours, and make sales presentations
• Complete event contracts, follow-up with clients, and design event layouts
• Assist with Marketing Department events as needed
• Answers the group sales hotline
• Mails group sales information to groups
• Copies, folds and stuffs group sales literature
• Updates pavilion signage
- Handle small animals for special events, rentals and marketing appearances
- Work with customers to meet their needs, make suggestions, and ensure that we exceed expectationsgy, Biology, Education or related field.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be available Friday-Sunday, 24-30 hours per week.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, teamwork skills and initiative are essential.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A High School diploma is required; Business or Liberal Arts degree in hospitality, Hotel, restaurant management or a related field is preferred.
- Other preferred skills are meeting planning experience, sales skills, and flexibility.
- Exposure to outdoor temperatures .
Submit cover letter and resume to: HR@pittsburghzoo.org