PPG Kids Page
Create your own coloring masterpieces or learn to draw your favorite Zoo residents.
NEW! Twilight Treks
Twilight Treks are designed for scouts of all ages. They can be scheduled for any Friday or Saturday night (based on availability) and run from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Cost is $30/person for a minimum of 20 and maximum of 30 participants.
- Arrive at the Zoo by 6 p.m
- Park in the main Zoo parking lot and enter through the exit gates. GPS address is 7370 Baker Street. Be sure to eat before you arrive!
- Dress for the weather. All activities will be outside, rain or shine.
- Take a journey through an area of the Zoo.
- Meet and learn about education ambassador animals.
- Pizza will be served around 9 p.m.
- A take-home craft project will be provided.
- The following safety precautions will be taken:
a) Staff and participants will have their temperatures taken upon arrival at the Zoo. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4° will not be permitted to stay.
b) Masks will be worn at all times.
c) Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Zoo.
d) Every effort will be made to maintain social distancing.
e) Tours and other events will be conducted in small groups.
- All scout workshops are 2 hours in length and include a tour.
- Leaders can choose from the following time slots (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.) or (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Workshops can be accommodated year round and are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Workshop fees are $18 per scout and $10 per adult. Workshop cost applies to both Zoo members and non-members. Registered scout leaders are admitted FREE.
- The minimum workshop charge is $126, based on 7 scouts and 1 leader.
- Only scouts and up to 4 adults, including scout leaders, are permitted to attend the workshop.
- Non-scouts, such as additional adults and siblings, are welcome to visit the Zoo the day of the workshop at a reduced admission price of $10 per person (age 2 and over).
- Workshop fee includes same day admission to the Zoo before / after the workshop.
- Participants must register as a troop / pack / den unless otherwise specified.
- All scout groups must have at least one adult for every seven scouts.
- The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium does not provide badges, belt loops, etc.
Click here for program descriptions and for a mail-in registration form
Please use the form below for online registrations.
Request a Twilight Trek or Workshop
If you’d like to use a mail-in registration form instead, please click below.