Position Title: Staff Accountant
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Performs detailed account analysis on select accounts (i.e., attendance data, utilities, benefits, insurances, merchant services, CRM fees, etc.).
- Assists with A/P and A/R functions as needed.
- Prepares and creates monthly closing entries.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Reconciles bank accounts.
- Compiles, verifies, and posts Visa expenses to the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager with Visa card program.
- Analyzes banking costs.
- Works closely with IT and accounting software support personnel as needed.
- Assists with documentation for annual audit requirements and for the year end process.
- Performs Special Events budget reconciliations with Development Department.
- Provides backup in maintaining the Funded Project Detail spreadsheet.
- Cross trains in all areas of the Finance Department as assigned.
- Maintains all required standards of confidentiality and safety, and keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Works Zoo special events as needed and other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Accounting with 3-5 years related experience. Candidate must possess excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, and have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize. The candidate must have current knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control, with demonstrated experience in the accounting functional areas of the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. A qualified applicant should have the ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections, and have the ability to work on multiple assignments of a project nature simultaneously. Required computer skills include the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Advanced Excel, and accounting software. Great Plains Dynamics experience is preferred. The candidate must possess sound judgment, commitment to meeting deadlines, attention to detail, and the ability to support team efforts.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Typical office setting with a minimum 40-hour work week; weekends, evenings and holiday scheduling may be required.
Submit resume with salary requirements to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org