Position is responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience to riders of the zip line.
· Focus on safety while guiding guest through the tour
· Provide excellent customer service
· Complete safety checks throughout the tour
· Stay up to date with all necessary technical skills required to guide a tour
· Work with the Managers to resolve any issues or needs of the tour
· Organize gear and storage areas
· Clean and organize guest check in areas
· Present interesting information to guests including local ecology, history and biology
· Daily course and equipment checks
· Provide accurate availability information
1. Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
2. Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
· Must be a minimum of 18 years old
· Should be energetic and customer service oriented
· Speak fluent English, multi lingual is a bonus
· First aid, CPR and or higher medical training is a plus
· Ability to successfully complete guide training
· Family- and kid-friendly.
· Must be able to lift 15lbs.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be comfortable working at heights of 50+ feet.
· Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of conditions.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.