Zip Line Attendant
Zip Line Attendant
Visitor Services Manager and Reception Team Leader
Apply online below or submit resumé and salary requirements to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Position is responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience to riders of the zip line.
Essential Job Functions:
- Focus on safety while guiding guest through the tour
- Provide excellent customer service
- Complete safety checks throughout the tour
- Stay up to date with all necessary technical skills required to guide a tour
- Work with the Managers to resolve any issues or needs of the tour
- Organize gear and storage areas
- Clean and organize guest check in areas
- Present interesting information to guests including local ecology, history and biology
- Daily course and equipment checks
- Provide accurate availability information
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Should be energetic and customer service oriented
- Speak fluent English, multi lingual is a bonus
- First aid, CPR and or higher medical training is a plus
- Ability to successfully complete guide training
- Family- and kid-friendly.
- Must be able to lift 15lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of 50+ feet.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of conditions.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.