This event is currently scheduled through Thursday, June 4, but check back again soon as new dates may pop up!
Visit the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium from the safety of your car with this limited-time Zoofari Drive-Thru fundraiser guided by a themed audio tour on select days and times!
As the Zoo remains closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this fundraiser will help to raise funds for our Emergency Operating Fund. We appreciate your support during this time!
Timed tickets are available for purchase now. Tickets are $60 per vehicle / $50 for Members vehicles. All tickets must be purchased in advance online.
Please arrive at the main parking lot on the specified day and time on your ticket. You will not be permitted to enter the Zoo before or after your selected time.
Safety is top priority at this zoofari! All guests will be required to follow the below safety protocols and guidelines:
- Guests are prohibited from exiting their vehicle at any time.
- All tailgates, doors/van doors and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
- Keep noise to a minimum – no loud music and no honking.
- Follow the guided tour only; speed limit is 2 mph.
- Be considerate of other guests and limit your time at animal habitats.
- Keep the Zoo clean by carrying out trash after your visit.
- Smoking, alcohol and pets are prohibited in the Zoo (with the exception of service animals.)
- Restrooms will NOT be available.
- Motorcycles, motorbikes, scooters and bicycles are NOT permitted.
- We recommend downloading the audio tour here before you arrive.
Some days and times are sold out! To select a different day/time, click “other dates” and “other times” on the ticket page.
Mobile food ordering is now available for pick-up at Jambo Grill, located along the Zoofari Drive-Thru pathway. To place your food order on a computer, just open your camera app and hover over the QR code to the left. To place your food order on your phone, just click the Mobile Ordering image to the left and open in a new tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I get my timed ticket?
Tickets can be purchased here. Previously purchased tickets, media tickets, or complimentary tickets will not be accepted at this experience. Timed tickets must be purchased for this event.
2) Is there a Member discount?
Yes, there is a Member discount for this fundraising program. Members receive $10 off! If you have questions about your Membership, please contact email@example.com.
3) Does each vehicle need a ticket?
Yes. One ticket is required for each vehicle. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. There will be no gate sales at this time.
4) Can I get out of my vehicle during the safari?
No, guests must stay in their vehicles at all times.
5) What size vehicle can I drive through the safari?
Vehicle size limited to 20 feet in length and 6 ½ feet width, for example a Ford F250 truck. It is recommended for guests to drive their smallest vehicle due to the small size of the pathway that you will be driving on.
6) What does my ticket include?
Your ticket includes one drive through the Zoo, along with an audio-guided tour.
7) How long is the experience?
While times may vary, the estimated time to travel through the Zoofari Drive-Thru is 60 minutes. However, there may be a longer wait time to enter this special fundraising event due to traffic.
8) Do I need to buy tickets online or can the tickets be purchased on site?
All tickets must be purchased online in advance. Tickets must be shown before entering the event. Please make sure your ticket is available to show staff prior to entering. Printed tickets are preferred at this time.
9) Do I drive through in my own vehicle or are their shuttles available to rent?
You will drive your own vehicle. There are no shuttles available.
10) What animals/parts of the Zoo will I be able to see or not see?
Each safari is different! Animals may be on or off exhibit depending on the day due to staff availability, animal needs, etc. The safari will not include The Islands, Jungle Odyssey, PPG Aquarium, Water’s Edge, or Kids Kingdom. In addition, all buildings will remain closed. Please keep in mind that some exhibits will not be in clear sight from your vehicle. We recommend bringing binoculars for best viewing.
11) How does the audio tour work?
The audio tour is a themed voice-guided tour through the Zoo. We recommend downloading the audio tour here before you arrive. You will need to turn the audio tour on when your safari begins.
12) Are face masks required?
Face coverings are not required but are encouraged, especially by the driver of the vehicle when interacting with Zoo staff.
13) Are pets allowed?
No, pets are not allowed. Please see our service animals policy here.
14) Will there be food and drinks available for purchase?
There will be curbside areas available for guests to purchase a variety of snacks at an additional cost. Jambo Grill food items may also be ordered and purchased in advance online on the day of your visit.
15) Can I bring in my own food and drinks?
Yes, outside food and drinks (excluding alcohol) are permitted.
16) Will there be restrooms available?
No. Restrooms will be unavailable on Zoo grounds for this event.
17) Can I drive through in a convertible with the top down or motorcycle?
Convertibles are permitted, motorcycles are not.
18) Can I ride in the back of a truck?
No, all guests must remain inside a vehicle.
19) Once I exit the Zoo, can I go through again on the same day?
No, unless another available ticket is purchased.
20) Are refunds or rain checks available for inclement weather?
No, this is a rain or shine fundraising event. No rain checks are available.
21) Can I smoke in my car?
No, the Zoo is a tobacco-free campus.
22) I have additional questions that were not answered in these FAQs. Who do I contact?
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org