zoo lights Positions
The Zoo is now hiring multiple positions for Zoo Lights, including Attendants and Admissions Cashiers. These positions are hourly, non-exempt, and eligible for dynamic hiring incentives, which include up to $500 bonus, animal encounters, and Zoo memberships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide initial warm welcoming experience to all guests.
- Monitors and directs traffic flow of Zoo Light event.
- Patrols all areas within the parking lot/Zoo grounds and alerts management of any discovered issues.
- Assists and answers any guest inquiries.
- Displays a visitor first mindset and ensure guests have a great experience.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is rarely absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can.
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and Zoo facilities.
- Education that allows for effective communication and positive interactions with guests and staff.
- At least 16 years old.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work work outside in various weather conditions.
- Long periods of standing or walking.
- Ability to read and write in low light surroundings.
- Complete our Zoo Application Form.
- Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or deliver to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206