Birthday Party Packages
Birthday party packages include:
- All-day admission and parking
- Two-hour reserved rental of balcony area in Worlds of Discovery building
- Choice of pizza or chicken nuggets
- Unlimited beverages
- Lay’s® potato chips and Goldfish® crackers
- Zoo-themed birthday cake (your choice of flavor) and ice cream
- Favor bags and safari hats for each child
- A special gift for the birthday child
- Well-trained staff to set-up and serve your party
- All necessary paper products, condiments, cups, tablecloths, and utensils
For assistance designing or booking your party, please call 412-365-6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pricing & Availability
Reservations must be made at least one month in advance, but we recommend booking your party two to three months in advance to ensure the greatest availability. Parties are offered daily from June to August, and weekends only from September to May. Certain dates and holidays may not be available due to other Zoo events. Zoo hours vary at different times of the year.
11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m., or 2:30 p.m.
Base Package Pricing
$325 (April – October)
$300 (November – March)
$375 (April – October)
$350 (November – March)
Base package includes the first 15 guests.
Additional adults are $17/person.
Additional children are $22/person.
Pricing is exclusive of a 7% tax. To reserve your date and time, full payment of the base party package is required when booking.
Party Package Add-On Options:
- Animal show ($50) available for Saturday and Sunday parties only. Unavailable on holidays.
- Piñata ($30) available for all parties
- Zoo birthday t-shirt ($20) available in children sizes XS-XL
Commonly Asked Questions
What are the recommended ages for a Zoo party?
We recommend our parties for children ages 2-10.
How long does the birthday party last?
Party activities average one and a half to two hours long.
How many guests do I need for the party, and what is maximum number of guests?
Your first 15 guests (any combination of children or adults) are included in the base package price. There is an additional charge for each child and each adult beyond the first 15 guests. The maximum number of guests allowed is 35. Please contact the birthday party department if you have over 35 guests for a double room booking (based on availability).
Can I bring in outside food to feed my adult guests?
Outside food and beverage is not permitted. The Zoo’s catering department can provide an extended adult lunch menu to provide a larger variety to your adult guests.
Some of my guests are Zoo Members, does this change the price of my guests?
All guests have the same pricing, regardless of their own Membership status. The host of the party does, however, receive a Member discount on the price of the party package if they themselves are a Member.
What decorations can I bring in?
Decorations are permitted with the exception of confetti and balloons due to the safety of the animals.
Can I take home leftover food from the party?
All party favors as well as any leftover cake can be taken home. No catered food is permitted to leave the premises due to food safety regulations.
A La Carte Additions
All birthday parties include one lunch option (pizza or chicken nuggets) for all of your guests, as well as snacks, unlimited beverages, cake, and ice cream.
These items are in addition to the items included. All add-on items feed 20 guests, unless otherwise noted.
- Snake Sandwich ($50)
- Macaroni and cheese ($45)
- Fresh fruit salad ($35)
- Fresh vegetable display with ranch dressing ($25)
- Buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips ($25)
- Spinach artichoke dip with pita chips ($25)
- Salsa & queso dip with tortilla chips ($20)
- Fresh pasta salad ($20)
- Garden salad with ranch & honey balsamic vinaigrette ($20)
- Roasted garlic and lemon hummus with pita chips ($20)
- Additional 12-slice pizza ($25)
- Fruit Shoots ($2.50/person)
- Apple juice box ($1.50/person)
- 2% milk or chocolate milk ($1.50/person)
Additional menu options and other special dietary accomodations are available upon request.