Plan an exciting and educational Zoo experience for your school, organization, or group!
Zoomobile information can be found here.
Guests are welcome to visit any day for a self-guided tour. Scroll down to complete the Field Trip Reservation Form.
These programs enhance your field trip experience and offer interactive educational opportunities during your visit!
Any program involving a tour (grades 7-12 & college) is available September-April only and is not eligible for the discounted rate.
Self-guided tours are available any day we are open. Email email@example.com with questions.
Learning Adventures are generously sponsored by FedEx Ground.
- College Learning Adventures – available during Fall / Winter / Spring semesters
- Behind-The-Scenes Experiences
- Self-Guided Tours – available year-round
- Programs are for college students and staff only. No children under age 18, please.
Homeschool and cyber school students are encouraged to attend regularly scheduled Homeshool Days at the Zoo! Upcoming Homeschool Days and other recurring classes are available on our Classes page.
The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is proud to offer free admission to special needs organizations who serve those with mental, emotional, or physical disabilities. Please see page 1 of the Field Trip Planning Guide below for instructions on how to receive free admission for your group. Please note: free admission is not granted based solely on financial need.
Field Trip Planning Guide
Schools, colleges, educational organizations, and special needs facilities should explore our Field Trip Planning Guide, which includes information on types of visits, pricing, payment options, lunches and souvenirs, visit policies, and mail-in registration forms.
Reservation Form GuidelineS
- We are happy to accommodate special requests to ensure an enjoyable, socially-distant program for your group. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or needs prior to submitting a field trip reservation form.
- Group rate is for 15 or more paying participants. School/camp staff is admitted free of charge with ID. If you do not meet the minimum of 15, you do not need a reservation. You may visit any day and pay the gate rate.
- A reservation form should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the desired visit in order to receive the group rate.
- Selecting Submit on the online form below will schedule your visit, and you will receive confirmation and an invoice at the contact email address provided within 1-2 business days.
- A completed invoice must be returned 2 weeks prior to the scheduled visit or a $30 late/FedEx fee will be added to your balance due.
- Wristbands must be received and distributed to group members prior to arrival at the Zoo for group admission (the Zoo does not have a will call window).
- Check all contact information included in the form for accuracy. Wristbands will be sent to the address YOU provide on your form; we are not responsible for verifying addresses and/or zip codes, or for wristbands sent to the wrong address.
- The Zoo is a rain or shine facility and all scheduled programs will take place regardless of weather. Rescheduling cannot be guaranteed.
- The Zoo permits a maximum of 4 adults in each classroom program (any combination of teachers and parents). Special needs aides required to stay with their students may attend as well. For assemblies, all adults may attend if space allows.
- Zoo Life: A Behind the Scenes Look (grades 7-12) is only offered at the $14 rate September-April; no discounted rate is available for this program.