With tailored options for age groups from preschool to college level, your school, organization, or recreational group can plan an exciting experience for your Zoo outing. Enhance your visit with special Learning Adventures programming.
Zoomobile information can be found on our Community Outreach page.
Any program involving a tour (grades 7-12 & college) is available September-April only and is not eligible for the discounted rate.
Self-guided tours are available any day we are open. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Learning Adventures are generously sponsored by FedEx Ground.
- College Learning Adventures – available during Fall / Winter / Spring semesters
- Behind-The-Scenes Experiences
- Self-Guided Tours – available year-round
- Programs are for college students and staff only. No children under age 18, please.
Important online registration information for members: You will not receive the member discount unless you sign in with your membership email and password (via the sign in button at the top of the page after you click the register button). You are recognized as a member by your contact information, including your email address. Member discounts are shown in the cart. There are no discount codes or a place to enter your member number. To receive the member discount, you must be a current member at the time of registration. To become a member, please click here. To update your member information prior to registering, please contact the membership department at 412-365-2534.
Safari Scholars is offered in the fall only. Please check back in August for 2019 dates, program descriptions, and registration information.
The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is proud to offer free admission to special needs organizations who serve those with mental, emotional, or physical disabilities. Please see page 1 of the Field Trip Planning Guide below for instructions on how to receive free admission for your group. Please note: free admission is not granted based solely on financial need.
The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is proud to offer workshops for teachers in need of Act 48 credits. Please see below for current teacher workshops.
Biodiversity & Conservation: The Race Against Time
Saturday, October 12
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Participants will learn how to define biodiversity by breaking it down into three basic levels- ecosystem diversity, biological diversity, and genetic diversity. Natural and human-caused threats to each level will be examined. The critical roles of modern zoos in protecting biodiversity, from global conservation projects to captive breeding programs, will also be explored. Guest speakers, special tours, and live animals will be on hand to enrich the learning process.
Planning Your Group Trip
Schools, colleges, educational organizations, and special needs facilities should explore our Field Trip Planning Guide which includes information on types of visits, pricing, payment options, lunches and souveniers, visit policies, and mail-in registration forms.
Reservation Form Guidelines – Please read prior to submitting your form:
- Group rate is for 15 or more paying participants. School/camp staff is admitted free of charge with ID. If you do not meet the minimum of 15, you do not need a reservation. You may visit any day and pay the gate rate.
- A reservation form should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the desired visit in order to receive the group rate.
- Selecting Submit on the online form below will schedule your visit, and you will receive confirmation and an invoice at the contact email address provided within 1-2 business days.
- A completed invoice must be returned 2 weeks prior to the scheduled visit or a $30 late/FedEx fee will be added to your balance due.
- Wristbands must be received and distributed to group members prior to arrival at the Zoo for group admission (the Zoo does not have a will call window).
- Check all contact information included in the form for accuracy. Wristbands will be sent to the address YOU provide on your form; we are not responsible for verifying addresses and/or zip codes, or for wristbands sent to the wrong address.
- The Zoo is a rain or shine facility and all scheduled programs will take place regardless of weather. Rescheduling cannot be guaranteed.
- The Zoo permits a maximum of 4 adults in each classroom program (any combination of teachers and parents). Special needs aides required to stay with their students may attend as well. For assemblies, all adults may attend if space allows.
- Zoo Life: A Behind the Scenes Look (grades 7-12) is only offered at the $12 rate September-April; no discounted rate is available for this program.
- Schools attending a Learning Adventures class between September 3, 2019, and March 1, 2020, are invited to attend our Wild Earth Day event on April 24, 2020, free of charge. Transportation not included. Trip organizers will receive an invitation via email in March. More information to follow.
- We are not able to make exceptions to our policies or accommodate special requests. Please ask questions prior to submitting a field trip reservation form.