Sip & Swirl
Wine tastings. Small bites. Live music. And animals!
Sample wine from local and national wineries and vineyards while enjoying the PPG Aquarium and Water’s Edge venues and exhibits at twilight.
Get an extra hour of wine tastings plus an encounter with a penguin and tram service to the event with a new VIP Sip & Swirl experience! With a limited quantity of VIP tickets available, this experience will provide a more intimate atmosphere and exclusive access to the event one hour before general admission guests arrive. The VIP ticket includes a Penguin Encounter, one extra hour of wine tastings and small bites, and a complimentary tram ride to the venue when you arrive!
All tickets include:
• Admission to Sip & Swirl wine tasting event
• Wine tastings from local and national wineries and vineyards
• Small bites from the Zoo’s exclusive caterer, Taste
• Up-close animal encounters
• Live music
• Access to animal exhibits in the PPG Aquarium and Water’s Edge venues, including sea otters and penguins
• One complimentary wine tasting sampling glass per person
• Opportunity to purchase bottles of wine from participating wineries
• Chance to participate in the new Wine Pull! All participants can pull a cork for $20 and will get the bottle of wine that matches number on your cork. All wine is valued at a minimum of $25.
• Free parking
Raise your glass for conservation! Proceeds from this fundraising event will help support conservation programs at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium and around the globe like the Sea Turtle Second Chance Program, Coral Conservation, and more.
NOTE: Comfortable shoes are encouraged! The venue is a short walk from the Zoo entrance.
Friday, April 3
6 to 9 p.m.
VIP starts at 5 p.m
PPG Aquarium and
Must be 21+ to attend, proper ID required. Rain or shine event, no refunds.
- Mini crab cakes with brie cheese and spicy mango salsa (For VIP Only)
- Smoked chicken, sun dried tomato and Asiago risotto croquette with a horseradish aioli
- Cajun braised short rib of beef, caramelized sweet onions and sharp cheddar cheese bruschetta
- Ruby red grapes rolled in goat cheese rolled in spiced pecans
- Melted leek, red pepper, and black truffle tartlets
- Mini powdered fried donuts with a strawberry, pomegrante, and basil preserve and vanilla Chantilly with candied lemon
Black Dog Wine Company
Bushy Run Winery
Fractured Grape and Knockin Noggin
Presque Isle Wine
R Wine Cellar
Silver Mark Cellars
Bella Terra Vineyards
August Falls Winery
Four Twelve Winery
*Particpants subject to change