- Purchase clothing made from recycled materials.
- Wash clothes in warm water instead of hot.
- Wash a few big loads of laundry instead of many smaller ones.
- Dry clothes the natural way, by hanging them on a line.
- Purchase clothing made from fabric that is sustainably produced.
- Recycle your old, but usable, clothes by donating them to a non-profit organization like Planet Aid or Goodwill. More than 2 billion pounds of clothing are dumped in landfills each year.
- Wear clothes more than once.
Back to Conservation home.
- Purchase a low-flow toilet. Installing a 1.28-gallon high-efficiency toilet saves up to 16,500 gallons of water each year versus less efficient toilets. You’ll save money, too.
- Don’t run the water while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Take a bath instead of a shower.
- Purchase an eco-friendly showerhead.