Position Title: Accounting Clerk
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provides daily cash distribution for Admissions and other Visitor Services’ sales locations.
- Maintains the attendance database.
- Responsible for balancing and securing all receipts from the prior day and the current day.
- Count and process deposits from admission gates, carousel booth, tram booth, Kids’ Kingdom cashiers and other sales and donation locations.
- Maintains efficient functionality and programming of the Altru system for daily sales.
- Provides support to cashiers for disputed transactions.
- Works closely with Visitor Services to address cashier transaction discrepancies.
- Purchases all supplies used in cash office and throughout finance department.
- Maintains and orders currency for daily operations.
- Distributes and reconciles petty cash.
- Coordinates the monetary needs of the admissions and other sales locations with Visitor Services.
- Compiles and distributes end of month reports to CEO, VP and CFO.
- Performs other Finance Department related duties as required or assigned.
- Maintains all required standards of confidentiality.
Associates Degree preferred or 2-3 years of cash handling and/or accounting experience. Must have excellent communication and computer skills and be well versed in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel, and Word, and Outlook.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
working conditions/PHYSICAL Requirements
Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc. is necessary. Position is a combination of sitting in an office setting and walking/traveling to sales locations to manage cash. It is also outdoors daily, exposed to inclement weather conditions. The ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays is required, with longer hours during the busy season.
Submit Resume and pay rate Requirements To: