EDUCATION GROUP SALES/RESERVATIONS COORDINATOR
Position Title: Education Group Sales/ Reservations Coordinator
Department: Conservation Education
The Education Group Sales/Reservations Coordinator serves as the public-facing point of contact for the Education Department, responding to public inquiries and coordinating the scheduling, reservation, resource allocation, payment processing and other administrative tasks related to education-based group sales and individual ticketing for education programming at the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium and the International Conservation Center.
Essential Job Functions
Reservations & Group Sales
- In collaboration with Finance and Marketing, build and maintain the back-end reservation infrastructure in Blackbaud Altru for all Education programs, including Wildlife Academy, Zoo Camp, Zoo U, Learning Adventures, Zoomobile outreaches, self-guided tours, Scout programs, Overnight programs, and more.
- Processes program registrations and schedules all education programs.
- Prepares and sends all e-mail confirmations for various programs to include Wildlife Academy, Zoo Camp, Teacher Workshops, Keeper Conversations, Overnights/Twilight Treks, and more.
- Promptly communicate the program schedule schedule and any schedule changes (including cancellations and reschedules) with stakeholders in Education and other departments.
- Collaborates cross-departmentally with colleagues in Development, Events, Finance, Marketing, and Visitor Services to maintain a zoo-wide events/programs calendar to avoid any conflicts, including coordinating room reservations, resource allocation, and set-up/tear-down of events.
- Handle all financial aspects of group sales and reservations, including creating and distributing invoices, processing payments, and tracking payments to ensure all programs are paid in full prior to program delivery.
- Prepare outreaches packets and communicate special program needs/requirements with designated instructor staff to ensure successful delivery of outreach programs.
- Build, run, and communicate reports to track attendance, revenue, registration trends, and more.
Program Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Helps with coordinating marketing for education programs.
- Looks for strategies to increase visibility and awareness of group sales and education programs.
- Researches other programs at similar organizations & conducts routine market analysis to ensure competitive pricing and program offerings.
- Researches opportunities to expand the data base for the group sales programs.
- Works with Marketing and Creative Services to include education department information in Zoo publications and ensure website updates are completed as needed.
- Support new program development by communicating trends in public requests and inquires.
- Answers multi-line phone system and monitors multiple email boxes.
- Responds to all customer inquiries (in person, phone, email, etc.) promptly and positively.
- Actively works to solve customer issues regarding program booking, reservation, and payment.
- Create program rosters and assist with program check in as needed.
- Advise and support the creation and communication of program policies and procedures.
- Assist with sourcing materials and resources as needed.
- Coordinate cross-departmentally to ensure Zoomobile vehicles are maintenance and have updated registration.
- Responsible for creating and delegating the work assignments and schedules for part-time reservation staff and support volunteers as needed.
- Attends biweekly operations meetings (when applicable).
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Participates in offsite events as needed.
- Attends Committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
Successful applicants will have a demonstrated ability to multitask, have strong attention to detail, and ability to accomplish complex tasks in a dynamic environment while maintaining positive engagement with teams and the public. High school degree or equivalent is required. This position requires a high level of interaction with visitors, program participants, staff, volunteers, etc. so previous experience in customer service and office administration is required. Must possess excellent communication, customer service, organization, and time management skills. Previous supervisory experience is helpful, along with working knowledge of the Blackbaud [Altru] computer system. This position requires the ability to work independently and work a flexible schedule based on program needs (evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Work may be performed within the park in all weather conditions, weekends, holidays and evenings. Position requires basic sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 15 lbs., etc.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.