Position Title: HVAC Technician
Responsible for maintaining Zoo Wide HVAC Systems, Refrigeration Systems, Boilers, and Chilling Systems
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains air conditioning systems by cleaning coils, tubes, replacing refrigerant, purging and vacuuming system, etc., Performs work in accordance with established safety policies and procedures;
- Maintains, repairs and adjusts pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems;
- Maintains ventilating systems by adjusting fan motors, balancing air and water flows, replacing filters, resetting fire dampers, etc.;
- Monitors air conditioning consul, alarm systems, etc.; studies readings and makes recommendations in case of malfunctioning;
- Replaces and cleans boiler tubes and boiler sections; flush & maintain heat exchangers
- Maintains records on all preventive maintenance performed;
- Performs activities and functions of related lower-level personnel and such other related tasks and duties that are assigned or required.
- Availability for emergency call-in during off hours for repairs as needed
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
A technical degree in heating, ventilation and air conditioning is required with a minimum of five years’commerical HVAC experience.
Position is physically demanding and works indoors and outdoors with exposure to inclement weather conditions; requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work at various heights.
Submit Resume To:
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.