institutional advancement executive assistant
Position Title: Institutional Advancement Executive Assistant
As Pittsburgh Zoo’s Institutional Advancement Executive Assistant, you will provide personalized and timely support to our Chief Advancement Officer and the Advancement team. Your administrative skills and team service approach will help the fundraising, member services, government affairs, marketing and communications, and creative services teams conduct their jobs more efficiently and effectively. A key part of this role is identifying and implementing organizational systems or support structures that increase departmental productivity towards their goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Chief Advancement Officer and Advancement team members.
- Manage and maintain CAO calendar and coordinate scheduling of and invitations to meetings.
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports.
- Proofread communications prior to publication and/or delivery.
- Take and distribute notes from meetings as requested.
- Answer general advancement-related phone calls and take messages as necessary.
- Accurately record and track contacts and actions for CAO’s donor portfolio in Altru in a timely manner.
- Coordinate logistics of meetings and special events such as invitations, venue preparation, check-in, etc.
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering, meeting materials, and room arrangements when necessary.
- Research and sometimes purchase gifts, supplies, venue options, etc.
- Satisfactorily support CAO and Advancement team in preparing meeting materials, scheduling appointments, and developing and maintaining organizational structures that work for the needs of the department.
- Successfully maintain a daily agenda or task list on the CAO’s behalf.
- Respond to requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Complete assigned projects successfully and on time.
- Deliver gifts or packages and run errands as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Associate degree
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Not a remote position—live in Pittsburgh area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of success as an administrative assistant supporting fundraising teams or as an Executive Assistant
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Position may require occasional driving to off-site locations to meet with or provide training to staff.
Submit Resume and pay rate Requirements To: