Position Title: Kitchen Attendant (2)
Position Status: Full-Time, Hourly
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Prepares animal diets daily as directed by the veterinarian and animal curators;
- Cuts foods utilizing various knives;
- Must be able to convert grams and ounces,
- Verifies diet weights with digital and/or other scales;
- Delivers animal foods to keeper areas using a zoo vehicle;
- Cleans and maintains the food preparation and storage areas;
- Maintains some inventory control functions;
- Maintains proper temperature control measures in walk-in freezers and coolers;
- Participation in zoo functions is expected.
- Participation in educational trade classes is expected.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and zoo facilities.
Must maintain a valid PA driver’s license and show proof on an annual basis; ability to operate utility carts and vans (small, mid-sized and large).
Ability to read, lift items overhead, carry, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, lift to up 60 lbs., stand eight hours a day and perform repetitive motion tasks; works indoors and outdoors and in all types of weather, must be able to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings as needed.
Submit Resume To: