Position Title: Staff Accountant
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Performs detailed account analysis on select accounts (i.e., attendance data, utilities, benefits, insurances, merchant services, CRM fees, etc.).
- Assists with A/P and A/R functions as needed.
- Prepares and creates monthly closing entries.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Reconciles bank accounts.
- Compiles, verifies, and posts Visa expenses to the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager with Visa card program.
- Analyzes banking costs.
- Works closely with IT and accounting software support personnel as needed.
- Assists with documentation for annual audit requirements and for the year end process.
- Reconcile, record and compile reporting of revenue generating (and revenue share) activities.
- Performs Special Events budget reconciliations with Development Department.
- Assist with accounting and reporting surrounding fixed assets and capital projects.
- Provides backup in maintaining the Funded Project Detail spreadsheet.
- Assists with the oversight and management of the Cash Office.
- Cross trains in all areas of the Finance Department as assigned.
- Maintains all required standards of confidentiality.
- Works Zoo special events as needed and other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business preferred or Associates Degree with 2-3 years Accounting experience. Candidate must possess excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, and have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize. The candidate must have current knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting with demonstrated experience in the accounting functional areas of the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. A qualified applicant should have the ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections, and have the ability to work on multiple assignments of a project nature simultaneously. Required computer skills include the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Advanced Excel, and accounting software. The candidate must possess sound judgment, commitment to meeting deadlines, attention to detail, and the ability to support team efforts.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Is knowledgeable of location of exhibits, restrooms, concessions, rentals, etc.
working conditions/PHYSICAL Requirements
Typical office setting with an expected 40-hour work week; weekends, evenings and holiday scheduling may be required.
Submit Resume and pay rate Requirements To: