Career and Life Coach
Position Title: Career and Life Coach
Department: Human Resources
The Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium is looking for an experienced Career & Life Coach to join its team. Candidates must be dynamic and detail-oriented and excel in building relationships, customer service, strategic thinking and bringing people together. Candidates must also value and exercise the zoo’s core values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, inspiring wonder, respect and building connections.
The Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium is looking for a person who is as passionate about people as we are about animals and conservation. The Career and Life Coach will provide support for all Zoo employees in numerous ways in a judgment-free environment.
Though this person is part of the HR department, they are not responsible for day-to-day regulatory compliance paperwork, nor are involved with employee separations. The Career and Life Coach’s main role is to focus on the people of the Zoo as they navigate their personal and professional aspirations. We are seeking professional candidates beyond the traditional HR framework.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement a multi-point training and orientation for all current and newly hired zoo staff.
- Encourage staff to advance both professional and personal goals, and help strategize methods to accomplish these goals.
- Provide guidance and tools when employees are provided constructive feedback. Specifically, at a preliminary and secondary level of the counseling cycle.
- Find relief for staff who are feeling the weight of compassion fatigue or grieving the loss of an animal.
- Work with managerial staff to provide remediation techniques to commonly heard concerns and issues.
- Help individual staff improve communication skills.
- Coach staff in self-direction and self-advocacy.
- Coach staff on personal matters including but not limited to: finance, relationships, health and family related stress.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
An ideal candidate:
- Has professional experience in the following or similar fields: Career and/or Executive Coaching, Guidance Counselor, Academic Advisor, Financial Planning, Human Behavior, etc.
- Is accomplished in professional career, and personal goals
- Is looking to mentor and support up and coming professionals
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and have a proven track record with that experience
- Must be outgoing and energized by working with people
- The ability to motivate, help, and inspire others
- This position handles highly sensitive information and the need for discretion and total confidentiality regarding personnel records and other information is mandatory.
- High performance leadership behaviors in addition to ability to roll up your sleeves and do the day to day development and implementation of people management.
- Bilingual preferred.
- A degree in psychology, social work or certification in life or career coaching is desirable.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Work may be performed within the park in all weather conditions. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, walking, and pushing.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Submit resume with salary requirements to:
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com. The Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.