Position Title: Kitchen Attendant
Position Status: Full-time, Hourly – Collective Bargaining, Wednesday/Thursday Pass Days
- Prepares animal diets daily as directed by the veterinarian and animal curators;
- Cuts foods utilizing various knives;
- Must be able to convert grams and ounces,
- Verifies diet weights with digital and/or other scales;
- Delivers animal foods to keeper areas using a zoo vehicle;
- Cleans and maintains the food preparation and storage areas;
- Maintains some inventory control functions;
- Maintains proper temperature control measures in walk-in freezers and coolers;
- Visitor interaction is expected while performing regular duties.
- Participation in zoo functions is expected.
- Participation in educational trade classes is expected.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must maintain a valid PA driver’s license and show proof on an annual basis.
- Must be able to operate utility carts, utility and dump trucks (one ton and less) and vans (small, mid-sized and large).
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift items overhead, lift/carry to up 60 lbs, stand eight hours a day and perform repetitive motion tasks;
- Works indoors and outdoors and in all types of weather
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings as needed.
Submit resume to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org